January 20, 2006

but they're so cute!

From the Mpls Star Tribune

Woman Dies After Squirrel Plugs Propane Line

BEMIDJI, Minn. — A woman is dead and a man hospitalized after a squirrel became lodged in a pipe between the furnace and the chimney, causing propane fumes to enter a rural Bemidji home.
The Hubbard County sheriff said John Bennett and Maxine Tischman, 67, were found lying on the floor of the home. Tischman was pronounced dead at the scene. Bennett, who is in his 70s, was taken to North Country Hospital in Bemidji.

Sheriff Gary Mills said investigators found the squirrel lodged in the three-inch pipe after locating strong propane fumes in the area near the furnace.

Posted by raven at January 20, 2006 11:15 PM
Comments

Presumably the squirrel also expired?

Posted by: Nina at January 23, 2006 01:03 PM
Post a comment

Thanks for signing in, . Now you can comment. (sign out)

(If you haven't left a comment here before, you may need to be approved by the site owner before your comment will appear. Until then, it won't appear on the entry. Thanks for waiting.)


Remember me?